Youth Eco Forum
Hi! We’re the Youth Eco Forum from Sussex Green Living. We’re a small group aged between 14-21 years old, of environmentally concerned people who can’t ignore the climate and ecological crises unfolding around us.
So, as a group, we get together on zoom (Tuesdays 8-9pm fortnightly), sometimes to work on projects, other times to have talks with experts in a huge range of fields, and other times, to visit inspiring people and places in the world of sustainability, to learn, get active, and get inspired.
What We Do
We started in 2020 and here are some of the diverse things we’ve done so far:
- Made e-magazines about topics that interest us. Here is the latest edition!
- Walked the Serpent Trail with a South Downs National Park Ranger, learning about local nature, conservation projects and job opportunities.
- Wrote to our MP to raise our voices and be active in the democratic process (lots of us can’t yet vote).
- Went on a Butterfly Walk in a regenerated plot of land with an expert Ecologist/ Conservationist.
- Volunteered with Sussex Green Living in Horsham Market – talking with the public, sharing our knowledge and seeing what local people care about.