Support our work
Sussex Green Living is a not-for-profit organisation that educates and inspires communities to live an environmentally sustainable life. We provide ideas and facilitate initiatives that have a positive impact on our planet and our pocket.
Our main environmental outreach initiatives include:
- Green Hub – a monthly community event that promotes education and solutions for climate mitigation. We bring together local initiatives as well as our own, to help our local community adapt to our changing planet.
- Horsham Repair Cafe – a monthly event where the local community bring their broken or damaged electrical, mechanical and textiles for repair to avoid them going to landfill.
- School & Youth Education – we offer assemblies, lessons, workshops and our Bright New Future Roadshow for schools on a wide range of environmental topics. We also have our Inspiration Eco Station, a retrofitted 1974 milk float, with displays and games that can form part of a school visit.
- Adult environmental education – we offer talks to adult groups (in real life and Zoom), councils and businesses and support public events with our mobile environmental stand the Inspiration Eco Station.
- Mentoring – we opened the first Repair Cafe in West Sussex (Horsham Repair Cafe) and have mentored and supported many of the local villages to open their own repair cafes and to set up single-use plastic recycling drop off sites.