South East Climate Alliance Knowledge Sharing Session: Making the Most of CEUK Scorecards in the South East
Tuesday 27th February, (online), 6pm-7pm
Climate Emergency UK have completed a mammoth exercise, scoring every council in the country on how they are addressing the climate crisis. It is the first ever independent assessment of how much progress councils are making. This knowledge sharing session will review the results from the South East and discuss how council members, council officers and climate action groups can make use of the Scorecard exercise to spark change. View the results HERE. Book a place HERE (participation is free)
Ashington Repair Cafe
Saturday 2nd March, Ashington Church, Church Lane Ashington Pulborough, RH20 3JX, 10am-12 noon
South East Climate Alliance Knowledge Sharing Session: Britain Talks Climate Communications Training
Tuesday 28th March, (online), 6.30pm-8.30pm
Britain Talks Climate is an evidence-based toolkit designed to support any organisation that wants to engage the British public on climate change. This two-hour training session will be run by Ben McCallan, Senior Climate Officer with Surrey County Council, and former Chair of Zero Carbon Guildford.
Book your free place HERE
Sussex Green Hub
Saturday 30th March, United Reformed Church, 45 Springfield Road, Horsham, RH12 1PT, 10am-2.30pm
- 10am-11am – Horsham Community Fridge
- 10am-2.30pm – Horsham Repair Cafe, Sussex Green Living Recycling (til 1.30 only), Zero Waste Shop, Horsham Eco Churches, Transition Horsham, Community Energy Horsham
- PLUS… Green Book Library, Horsham Cape of Good Hopes (community textile project) and Community Cafe offering tea, coffee and cakes.
We will also hosting an energy group between 1-2pm
- Have you made your home a little – or a lot – more energy efficient? Do you know your kW from your kWh? Or would you like to know?
- Do you want to keep up with the rapidly changing world of energy generation and use?
- Would you like to share what you know?
If so, please come to our first meeting (remember that’s 30th March) and help us to kickstart this group.
We will also be announcing the winning bidders for Morag Warrack’s beautiful, original works of art.
Sussex Green Ideas to return in March
Our monthly online forum for people to voice their thoughts and feelings around climate change, returns in March as a Climate Resilience Support Service, run by a new volunteer, Jules Etheridge.
The inaugural session on 20th March will be for current volunteers only (details will be sent out to volunteers shortly), followed by the regular online forum in April, which will be open to all. We invite everyone to express their interest in joining these sessions here, along with any specific topics you’d like to see explored.