Ideas for a greener Christmas in Horsham
On Saturday 28th October and Saturday 25th November 12 -2pm come and join us at the Sussex Green Hub in Horsham and have a go at making upcycled Christmas crackers for life, learn more below. Come and share ideas and learn how to create a greener Christmas.
There will be these upcycled Christmas eco gifts for sale:
- Crackers for life
- Bundles of upcycled Christmas cards (remade using last years cards)
- Beautiful aluminium ringpulls tree decorations made by the Purple Community Fund
- Other stunning upcycled gifts made by our volunteers and the Purple Community Fund
- Draught excluders made using donated material, to keep your homes snug and save you money
Lots of lovely people to chat to about reducing waste, saving money and having a more sustainable Christmas.
Also at the Sussex Green Hub each month is our Horsham Repair Cafe, so if those Christmas lights and electric Christmas wears will not turn on this year book them in for a fix here.
Our Christmas Eco Float (retrofitted 1974 milk float) will be outside the Sussex Green Hub, sharing eco Christmas ideas.
Come and learn about how to reduce waste and recycle at Christmas, in council bins, supermarket and through our special TerraCycle hard to recycle plastic scheme.
At the Sussex Green Hub each month you will find other environmental, faith and community groups including Transition Horsham, Horsham Eco Churches, Community Energy Horsham and Horsham Community Fridge.
Cracker making activities
If you want to try your hand at making upcycled Christmas crackers for life at home or with us 28.10.23 or 25.11.23 12-2pm, you will need the following material per cracker:
- Two cardboard toilet rolls
- One kitchen roll (these tubes need to fit within each other)
- Small pieces of material (colour your choice)
- Small pieces of ribbon
- Any of last years Christmas cracker decorations, hats, toys and jokes. Or you can write your own jokes and pop a chocolate in each cracker. You can purchase Christmas cracker poppers from Hobbycraft or online.
The Sussex Green Hub takes place on the last Saturday of each month at the United Reformed Church, Horsham, RH12 1PT (near Wilko off West Street and the Lynd Cross pub and opposite St John the Baptist Church) 10 – 3pm.