Into the Trees is a new family event which will take you into the amazing world of trees, woods and forests and will open your eyes to the ways in which we can play, work, learn and explore amongst their leaves, branches and trunks.
Date: 5th and 6th September 2015
Time: Daily from 10.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Pippingford Park, Nutley, East Sussex, TN22 3HW
Into the Trees is a new and exciting event created by the team behind the award winning Elderflower Fields Family Festival. It is our ambition to create a new event in the South East that inspires people to spend more time outdoors together with their families and friends. With the support of The High Weald AONB, Ashdown Forest Conservators, Earth Restoration Service and Sussex Wildlife Trust as well as a range of other dedicated partners we aim to grow and develop Into the Trees into a leading family event over the next three years.
The event offers a range of activities and experiences included in ticket price across five zones:
- Working in the Trees – including coppicing, trug making and more
- Playing in the Trees – including storytelling, slacklining, tree climbing and more
- Living in the Trees – including bell tents, tipis, yurts and more
- Wildlife in the Trees – in partnership with Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Surviving in the Trees – including foraging and bush craft
– offers time to explore and relax in one of the most amazing natural locations of the Ashdown Forest
– is primarily aimed at children, parents and grandparents but will appeal to all ages
– provides some of the best locally sourced food and drink
– Adult tickets from £8.00
– Child tickets from £5.00
– Under 5s go free
– Family day tickets from £22.00
Tickets on general sale now at http://www.into-the-trees.co.uk/tickets
CONTACT AND ENQUIRIES
For more information, imagery, interviews and 2015 press pass enquiries, please contact:
Nigel Greenwood on or 07739 050816
Win a ticket
This is your chance to win a family day ticket worth £22 if you share our post in Facebook or retweet in Twitter or Google+ us – your name will be put in a draw to win! The ticket will allow access to all of the workshops and activities during the entire week!
Learn more about the importance of outdoor play and ways to motivate your children to get outside and explore here. In the Sunny Day Play section of Sussex Green Living you will find suggestions for play parks and lots of other outdoor play locations in West Sussex, they are great in the rain too!