Other ways to recycle more single-use plastic:
In addition to the single use plastics we recycle mainly through TerraCycle, the following plastics can be dropped off for recycling at the major supermarkets:
– All plastic carrier bags, except biodegradable or compostable bags
– Breakfast cereal liners
– Shrink wrap & ring joiners from multipacks of water, cans etc
– Frozen food bags, e.g. bags for frozen vegetable, chips, etc
– Dry cleaning bags/bags covering new clothing
– Magazine and newspaper wrappers
– Bags for fruit and vegetables
– Bubble wrap
For online shopping deliveries, many supermarkets also allow you to hand your unwanted bags back to the driver for recycling.
Recycling is great however ideally we need to try and buy without the plastic in the beginning! Happy recycling.